Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The question of rape

First off, let us agree that it is wrong to rape people.

Because, you see, if we can't agree on this, then there is a gulf between us so vast that no amount of explaining on your part can bridge it. We are talking cultural rifts on the scale of the Grand Canyon here, and there has got to be pretty substantial rhetorical action going on if you are to make any kind of sense across this distance.

In fact, if we can't agree on this, then go to hell. I will have nothing to do with you or your deranged worldview. I want you as far removed from me and everyone I know physically as we are socially, culturally and psychologically. I want you gone, and mark my words - you will want to be gone.

So I ask you again. Can we agree that it is wrong to rape people?

Don't hesitate too much before you respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment